Good Cause In Terms Of Section 32

Where a foreign person has for some reason “beyond his or her control” overstayed his visa in South Africa he or she may approach the DHA offices and engage with the DHA immigration officers to condone the overstay and provide permission in the form of Form 20 to remain in South Africa and apply for a further status in the country.

It is advisable to engage with professionals in this regard to avoid being confronted by unreasonable officials who seek to arbitrarily detain and or charge or even deport foreign persons when they have the right to apply for good cause.