Volunteer / Academic Sabbatical /Research Activities

A visitor’s permit may be issued for any period which may not exceed three years to a foreigner who has satisfied the Department of Home Affairs that he or she controls sufficient available financial resources and is engaged in South Africa in an academic sabbatical, voluntary or charitable activities, or research.

Volunteer Visa